Maximum 8 places – booking essential.
In response to so much enthusiasm and need for input and support, I’ve decided to offer some groups to nurture all of you fledgling (and not so fledgling) kirtan-wallahs. There is a rapidly growing number of people feeling the call to share this Divine practice with others and I really feel to support that in whatever ways I can – so we can all be seeds in the Bhakti Boom-Boom! The more of you that feel empowered and confident to share, the more we can bring this precious practice to people all over the place 🙂
I already offer 1-1 Kirtan Coaching (has anyone got any better words for that?! please message me if you do) in-person and online – £25 for 30mins and £40 for 60mins.
It feels to me that a way to not only make this more accessible / affordable and also more rich and nurturing is to connect in groups so I’ve decided to try some out and see how they go. These will be aimed at people who can already play and chant some – or many – chants. The content will vary according to who takes part in each group but each group will offer:
– a chance to ask those random niggling questions that are particular to kirtan
– tips on what works best when sharing kirtan
– a chance to practice particular challenges – eg. speeding up with a percussionist
– a safe and encouraging space in which to practice leading chants with a supportive group
– an (optional) opportunity to receive positive feedback either from me or the group or both
– tools for overcoming nerves or low self-confidence
– vocal warm-ups and basic voicework
– harmonium-playing techniques, practices and simple chord progressions
– group size capped at eight to give space for individual attention
– a way to connect with other kirtan-wallahs and build up your own support networks
– an opportunity to practice chants you already know and learn new ones from each other
DATE: Saturday 22nd June 2019
Make a Solstice weekend of it!
Friday 21st: Solstice in Avalon & kirtan at Shekinashram: http://shekinashram.org/bhakti-events/
Sunday 23rd: Nalini Blossom’s Song of The Womb day: https://www.facebook.com/events/324663401538952/
COST: £54 (£45 low-waged)
duos £90 (£72 low-waged)
TRAVEL / ACCOMODATION: I can help with travel and / or accommodation arrangements but there are lots of reasonably-priced Air BnB places.
NOT YET CONFIRMED BUT POSSIBLE OTHER DATES:
>> Saturday 6th July in Frome (could combine with legendary and magical Frome Independent Market on Sunday morning plus Companion Voices on Sunday at 2-4pm, maybe Sat night kirtan)
>> Sunday 15th September in London (full moon kirtan in North London on Saturday 4-6pm)
Please let me know which venues work best for you for future planning.
And if you have any requests or ideas of what would most support you – or suggestions of any other ways this community can be nurtured, please let me know 🙂